Hello GCBC Family,
As you know the elders have been meeting to work on a plan to reopen the church. After prayer, and consideration of health recommendations, the elders have a plan to reopen on Sunday, June 7th. Below you will find a copy of the plan for reopening and the restrictions that we will be following.
As you read this reopening plan and think about returning to fellowship at GCBC, we want to encourage you to pray! Pray that God will continue to guide the elders as we reopen, pray for God’s timing for your family’s personal return, pray for our church body to be safe, and pray for our connections to remain strong – whether we are in the building together or watching remotely. We are one body in Christ, and as one body, whether you choose to return or stay home we are to “encourage one another and build up on another” (1 Thessalonians 5:11) Our goal is to one day all be together again in our building, but the building is not the church – WE ARE! Our goal is to continue to share God’s love with one another and those in our community. So, as we move forward, please remember to check in on one another, pray for one another, and continue to be the body of Christ at GCBC!
Love and Prayers,
Pastor Shawn and Stacia
GCBC Re-Opening Plan
Beginning Sunday June 7, 2020
- We are assembling a team to clean and sanitize the church building for each service. All touchable surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized. Contact me if you are interested in being a part of this team.
- Only the sanctuary will be open during the worship service. The other areas of the church will be closed.
- Please, if you feel sick stay home.
- If you are uncomfortable coming out to a public service, feel free to stay at home until you are
- Sunday services will continue to be posted to the website and Facebook on Sundays at 10:30am for those who are uncomfortable coming out to the service.
- Wear a face mask and maintain social distancing as you socialize outside and inside the church building.
- One family per pew. Seating will be every other pew and staggered seating.
- Everyone needs to wear a face mask inside the church.
- There will be no Nursery or Children’s Church.
- There will be no singing of worship songs.
- There will be no passing of the offering plates during the service. An offering plate will be on the back table for people to put their offerings in.
- The bathroom will only be available for emergencies. If you must use the restroom, you will need to wipe off the toilet handle, toilet seat, and sinks with provided cleaning wipes. (Please accompany your children in order to ensure proper cleaning.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- The ceiling fans will be on and the windows and doors open to provide good ventilation.
- There will be people posted at the back of the sanctuary to help you with any questions.
** These practices will be in place for the month of June and then we’ll re-assess and make changes as we can.
**These guidelines follow the CDC’s recommendations for churches to re-open safely.